Don’t be afraid to remind your peeps of your story & mission
You might be thinking, “David, watcha talking about you crazy fool?”
Don’t fret. Let me explain my friend.
Your business and you should have a mission. Meaning how you help people. What do you do for them? What do your products and services do for them? Why should they read your blog? Watch your show?
You have a story. An ever-changing, ever-evolving story. This is the WHY behind your mission.
Now, here is the thing. You might be in one of these two categories:
1. You’ve never shared your story/mission with your peeps.
2. You have shared your story mission with your peeps.
If you are in category #1, do this:
1. Read this article.
2. Write a blog post about your mission and story.
3. Send it your peeps.
YOU WILL GET AN AWESOME RESPONSE!
And if you don’t have a mission, quantify one. It will hold you accountable. Yippy hooray.
If you are in category #2. Maybe your mission and story have evolved. Maybe not. Either way, I bet between now and the last time you shared with your peeps, you have new peeps that don’t know about (you HAVE been marketing, right? *wink wink*). Do this:
1. Read this article.
2. Write a blog post reminding people of your mission and story.
3. Send it to your peeps.
YOU WILL ALSO GET AN AWESOME RESPONSE
Now, I’m not one for giving advice without actually doing it myself. Here is something that all new subscribers to the free RISE VIP email list receive as soon as they subscribe (from this point forward).
Here is an excerpt from the email:
Super pumped to have you as a VIP subscriber. Welcome to RISE Nation!
This email is longer than most I send out (promise!) but I think you will enjoy it.
Sort of like an awkward first date…let me tell you a little bit more about the mission of The Rise To The Top and some more places we can connect up.
The Rise To The Top is a show, blog and resource all about helping aspiring/rising experts, thought leaders and personal brands dominate online that I started wayyyyy back in 2008.
And we are talking a legit business here. This isn’t about manipulating Google and trying to rip off people using some kind of BS. This is about GENUINELY monetizing your passion online following these 11 “ingredients.”
I’m super passionate about helping aspiring/rising experts, thought leaders and personal brands build their business (especially online).
On The Rise To The Top you are going to find all kinds of delicious awesomeness just for badass aspiring/rising experts, thought leaders and personal like you with new episodes of the show every Wednesday available in video and audio format (and completely portable so take them wherever you want to go including the gym, car, a meeting where you don’t want to pay attention, etc.).
And you will also find all kinds of articles, blog posts, awesome products to help you out and more. Boom!
The Story Behind The Story Behind The Story: Why I Do It:
I actually CAN pinpoint that exact moment when I decided to create my own “personal brand” (I know weird, right?). It was August of 2008 and I was at a coffee shop when I started “discovering” people that were making a living online via something they were passionate about. Fitness. Health. Clothing. Business. Whatever.
And we aren’t talking about setting up 384858585.5 niche websites that each make 1 cent. I’m talking about people that developed an expertise and monetized it.
- They worked from anywhere.
- They wore what they wanted.
- They were celebrities in their niche and spoke at events.
- They wrote, blogged, created videos, web shows, podcasts, etc.
- They were full of personality and weren’t afraid to show it.
- They had really cool products, training and other neat (yes, neat!) stuff for sale.
- They always popped up everywhere in the media. Online. Offline. New. Old. Everywhere.
- They had very little overhead.
- They were KNOWN.
- They didn’t have a huge amount of employees to manage all day (in fact, many had no employees at all). Instead, they focused on their expertise and business.
- They were making REAL MONEY (6 and 7 figures) talking about, writing about and teach on subjects they loved and knew a lot about…and a ton of this money was being deposited in their bank account as they slept. How freaking cool is that?
- They lived life with passion and had incredible lifestyles (I’ve interviewed hundreds of entrepreneurs and I gotta say the happiest, most fulfilled and just “people you want to be around” all fell into this tribe of entrepreneurship).
I wanted to be in THAT tribe!
So with no experience, I got started and I figured what better way than to interview people who were doing exactly what I wanted to do. That is how The Rise To The Top started.
And here are some of the results in just a few years (Shameless bragging? You betcha. Just kidding. I wanted to let you know about my results because I want you to have to same or BETTER).
- A passionate community of over 250,000 awesome people tuning in every month.
- A profit (not gross sales…profit) well into the six figures with multiple direct and indirect revenue streams in less than two years (and has grown exponentially every year!).
- The chance to interview (and perhaps more importantly form a relationship with) over 250 of the world’s top creative and unique experts, thought leaders and personal brandsranging from “The Millionaire Matchmaker” Patti Stanger to the author of The 4-Hour Workweek and The 4-Hour Body Tim Ferriss.
- A major book deal where I was approached by Wiley Publishing. Meaning, I didn’t do anything, they came to me and Smarter, Faster, Cheaper: Non-Boring, Fluff-free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business came out to a big response in 2010.
- Big companies (as well as individuals) that I would have no business with if I hadn’t created my show have called me to help them with special projects and consulting such as Google (yes, THAT Google) for top dollar.
- Incredible speaking, emceeing and live event opportunities at conferences, events and organizations (both online and off) where I’ve received high “celebrity-like” fees.
- Regular columns and appearances on a variety of traditional media and new media sources (over 100 in less than two years) including ABC, CNN, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and many more.
- I get to work when I want for how long I want where I want which is pretty darn cool. This has allowed me ridiculous freedom to really enjoy the heck out of life be it a mid-day pick up hockey game with friends, a spontaneous trip to Costa Rica or kidnapping (not literally) my wife for a romantic day of fun including massages, wine and cheese. And, with my new found freedom I completed transformed my body from soft-ish to super fit.
The fun (yes, business should be fun, right?) continues and evolves and I my mission is to help you do the same.
Now, go have some fun and write yours. And feel free to link up your blog post about your mission and story in the comments!
categories: David's Blog
STRTTTL Home Ad_011213
T5 Banner ad square_022013
GoToMeeting is the simple way to collaborate online – and now it includes HDFaces™ high-definition video conferencing. Click here to try GoToMeeting free. Enter the promo code “RISE” for 45 days free on me (yay!).
Access your Mac or PC from anywhere – even with your iPad®. Click here to try GoToMyPC free. Enter the promo code “RISE” and you will get 45 days on me (double yay!).