Is It Better to Create Video or Audio Shows? The Podcast Answer Man, Cliff Ravenscraft, Chimes In
Today on The Rise To The Top: The #1 Show For Mediapreneurs: The Podcast Answer Man, Cliff Ravenscraft, is in the house for a spirited conversation (to say the least)! We have a big time discussion on whether the term “podcast” sucks, and whether it is better to create/consume AUDIO podcasts or VIDEO podcasts and much more. Feel free to hop in below in the comments.
I use RISE partner Wistia for video hosting because they rock. Check ‘em out.
Audio Only Player
More About Cliff:
Cliff has an amazing story of someone that started with podcasting as a hobby in 2005 and now it is his full time career/job/occupation/passion. Make sure to check out his network of shows at GSPN.tv and my favorite show that he does, Podcast Answer Man.
Cliff mentioned a few awesome links you might want to check out to help you out:
- To find out how Cliff makes money from podcasting (and how much), head to PodcastAnswerMan.com/income.
- If you want an amazing set of free tutorials to get started with podcasting, check out LearnHowToPodcast.com.
- Finally, if you want to get serious, Cliff’s Podcasting AtoZ course starts on November 1st and is the the most amazing and comprehensive podcasting class I’ve ever seen. Period. If you want to hop in before the deadline head over to PodcastingAtoZ.com and enter the promo code “RISE” when you sign up for $99 off. Sweetness awesome.
This Episode Of The Rise To The Top Is Exclusively Sponsored By GoToMeeting:
Now most of you know GoToMeeting by Citrix is the easiest way to have an online meeting. And now they are stepping up their game with HDfaces. Can you guess what it is? Ding. If you guessed awesome video where you can now SEE the other members of your meeting, you are correct. I know a bunch of RISE nation has been using it since I started mentioning it on the show and I’ve heard nothing but good things. Wanna try it free? Head to GoToMeeting.com. Click the “Try it Free” button and enter the promo code RISE for 30 days on me.
Bandwidth and Hosting Sponsored By Shopify:
Shopify makes opening an online story easy. So if you’ve ever wanted to open an online store, now’s the time. Here’s why: The Shopify Build Your Business Contest has over $500,000 in money and prizes. Grand Prize winners will meet and talk with (three former RISE guests!) Tim Ferriss, Seth Godin and Gary Vaynerchuk, plus much more. Also, by entering the promo code “RISE” when you set up your store, you will get two months free (SWEET!).
Subscribe To The Rise To The Top Updates:
You can join the 200,000+ The Rise To The Top enthusiasts by becoming a subscriber absolutely free.
Become a RISE VIP for Free. Enter Your Email Below and Receive:
- Surprises and VIP-only content for badass mediapreneurs like you.
- Tips & advice to grow your audience & generate big revenue through your own online products & programs
- Find out about all kinds of cool stuff FIRST (including RISE episodes, training and DSG TV)
Have You Seen These Episodes?
- RISE #247: Steal These Ideas: How Diamond Candles Went From 0-40,000 Facebook Fans in 8 Months
- RISE #246: Thoughts on Discovering Your Passion and Turning It into a Business with Scott Dinsmore
- RISE #245: Pat Flynn on Blogging, Podcasting and Why He Discloses to the World How Much Money He Makes Every Month
- RISE #244: All The Equipment and Software Used To Create The Rise To The Top Web Show
- RISE #243: David Siteman Garland On The Story Of The Rise To The Top, Landing Sponsorships, and The Future
Fun Facts, News, and Notes:
Show the world you are fluff-free with an official fluff-free t-shirt!
Have you nabbed a copy of my book Smarter, Faster, Cheaper: Non-Boring, Fluff-Free Strategies for Marketing and Promoting Your Business? You can grab the first chapter for free right here, and you can buy it on Amazon or anywhere books are sold.
Create Awesome Online Courses
GoToMeeting is the simple way to collaborate online – and now it includes HDFaces™ high-definition video conferencing. Click here to try GoToMeeting free. Enter the promo code “RISE” for 45 days free on me (yay!).
Access your Mac or PC from anywhere – even with your iPad®. Click here to try GoToMyPC free. Enter the promo code “RISE” and you will get 45 days on me (double yay!).